Software Application Support Specialist
Post Date: 3/31/2019
Spokane Computer has recently released our newest business management software. The Software Application Support Representative will lead the final phase of this software release to customers and become the primary resource for the product.
This role will require an individual who can both perform hands-on work with the new software and also communicate the basics and intricacies of the product to customer accounting staff and controllers/CFO's alike. The position will encompass all aspects of the implementation, training and support of the software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following are representative of the necessary knowledge, skill or ability.
- LEARN and be able to effectively communicate the basics and details of the software.
- TEST and evaluate the software for errors and defects to assure accuracy and adherence to specified requirements.
- DOCUMENT the software by creating HELP files for on-line distribution to customers.
- TRAIN customers who use the software via telephone, on-line and onsite at their business.
- SUPPORT our customers' use of the software via telephone.
- PROVIDE feedback to development staff regarding errors, defects and customer comments and communicated needs.
Salary: Please submit requirements on cover letter / DOE
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree required. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree: minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience supporting a similarly complex software product.
- EXPERIENCE: Four (4) years or more business experience, preferably in finance or operations.
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS: Accounting and business processes; 3 to 5 years previous exceptional customer service skills and experience; excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong computer skills.
- PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Friendly, outgoing, motivated, responsive, self-starter, self-directed, multi-tasking ability.
- PLUSSES: Training experience; previous software support experience; knowledge and use of SQL.
- This position may require up to 25% travel.
- This position is ONSITE only.
Only candidates with appropriate credentials will be contacted. No phone calls please.